175g (7 oz) pasta shells
225g (9 oz) leeks, chopped
40g (1 1/2 oz) butter
40g (1 1/2 oz) flour
850ml (1 1/2 pints) semi skimmed milk
100g (4 oz) reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
100g (4 oz) lean, honey roast ham, chopped
6 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 tbsp chives
Salt and pepper to season
- Pre heat the oven to 190oC, 375oF, Gas Mark 5.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet. Drain and put to one side.
- Whilst cooking the pasta steam the chopped leeks over a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and put to one side.
- Make the cheese sauce by placing the butter, flour and a little of the milk into a saucepan. Add the milk gradually whilst stirring continuously. Simmer over a medium heat, stirring until the sauce comes to the boil and thickens. Remove from the heat and add 75g (3 oz) grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta, cooked leeks and chopped honey roasted ham to the sauce and stir.
- Place the mixture in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the remaining grated cheese, breadcrumbs and chives.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden.
Total Calories : 506
Fat : 18
Protein : 28
Carbohydrates : 62